- Expanded Text Ads and responsive ads for Display. Support was added for creating the new ExpandedTextAd and ResponsiveDisplayAd ad types in test accounts. Give these new formats a try with your test accounts. This functionality will be made available for production accounts over the next few months.
- Campaign bid estimates by platform. Inclusion of campaign estimates by platform was added to TrafficEstimatorService. Check out the updated Estimating Traffic guide for more details.
- Bid modifiers for all platforms (test accounts only). Campaign and ad group bid modifiers for all platforms are now supported across all versions, but only in test accounts. Previously, platform bid modifiers were only supported for the HighEndMobile (30001) platform. This functionality will be made available for production accounts over the next few months, as mentioned in a recent Inside AdWords blog post.
- Improved reporting on quality score. The new HasQualityScore field lets you filter reporting rows based on the presence or absence of quality score data for each criterion. In addition, the QualityScore field will now have a value of '--' on rows where
HasQualityScore = false. Previously, these rows had a
QualityScorevalue of 6 for Search campaigns, and 0 (zero) for Display campaigns.
- Image dimensions in reports. The ImageCreativeImageHeight and ImageCreativeImageWidth fields were added to the Ad Performance report so you can retrieve image dimensions for all image ads without making multiple AdGroupAdService requests.
As with every new version of the AdWords API, we encourage you to carefully review all changes in the release notes and the v201605 migration guide. The updated client libraries and code examples will be published shortly.
If you have any questions or need help with migration, please post on the forum or the Ads Developers Plus Page.